Welcome to TCTV’s weekly TV news Round-Up! There’s been a bit of news in that last week, and since we’ve hit midseason mania, sometimes we can’t get to every single piece.
So, here we have some interesting bits of casting and production news, teasers, renewals, cancellations, and trailers for some of your favorite shows and some that might make you want to watch.
Are you guys ready? Here we go!
- Syfy is gearing up for a new reality show that is set to follow real hackers and reveal how some of the biggest cyber-crimes were comitted. According to Deadline, each episode will be a “ripped from the headlines” story.
- Looks like there’s another character sticking around the Hamptons for another season. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Revenge has promoted Elena Satine, who plays Louise Ellis, to series regular.
- YouTube and Camp Takota star Grace Helbig is getting her own television show! According to E! the Grace Helbig Project will be a mix of Helbig’s take on pop culture and celebrity interviews. Are you excited?
- The ATX Festival is hosting a Queer as Folk reunion this summer!
- Vimeo’s is the latest online video service to get in on the scripted series action. According to Variety, Vimeo has signed on for a four series development deal. The first two scripted series will be 10 episodes long and come from two YouTube filmmakers, Sawyer Hartman and PJ Liguouri.
- According to TVLine, Emmanuelle Chriqui is joining TNT’s Murder in the First as a series regular. She will be playing a member of the San Fancisco PD Gang Task Force.
- So say we all! Edward James Olmos will be guest starring on Agents of SHIELD this season. He will be playing Robert Gonzales, a man whose appearance will cause some trouble for the team and Coulson. Who else is really excited?
- Cinemax has narrowed down the premiere date for the final season of Strike Back the action-packed drama is set to return sometime in the summer of 2015.
- Netflix announced plans this week that they have plans of bringing Wet Hot American Summer back as a limited series, according to Deadline.
- In the Midst of the renewals and news coming from The CW’s TCA session yesterday, the possibility of another Arrow spin-off is in very preliminary talks…this time, it’s Brandon Routh’s Ray Palmer (also will be known as Atom).
- TVD fans, the time to say goodbye to Jeremy is fast approaching. According to EW, Steven R. McQueen will no longer be a series regular as of the 14th episode of the season.